There are at least 2,193 ways to make your content better and the best copywriters know them all.
However, there are just three things that every marketer must master to dramatically improve their copy.
Your web pages, brochures, and emails must have Clarity, Personality, and Resonance (CPR). Review every word you write for CPR and you are on the road to success.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Laura Belgray, founder of Talking Shrimp and co-creator of The Copy Cure. Laura and I discuss content and what it takes to create copy that is fresh, vibrant and drives sales.
Having been a professional writer for nearly two decades and earning a number of honors and awards, Laura knows all about producing killer content. Laura has written for SPY Magazine and New York Magazine, as well as a variety of television stations including Bravo, NBC, HBO, Nickelodeon, VH1, the CW and USA – to name a few.
Questions I ask Laura Belgray:
- If you’re writing creative and exciting copy that is supposed to drive a decision, but your client tells you that what they do is really boring, how do you make it spicy?
- What place does humor have when creating copy?
- When you sit down to write a sales letter, hoping to touch a range of emotions, is there a set of standards that you use to create the content?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why conversational copy is more likely to convert.
- What role the acronym CPR—Clarity, Personality and Resonance—plays in creating killer content.
- How to find your voice and why it’s necessary in sales related content.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Laura Belgray:
- Learn more about Laura Belgray and Talking Shrimp here
- Learn more about The Copy Cure here
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by About.US.
Choosing the right domain name is critical to ensuring the success of your small business. Help your business stand out with a .US domain name. Easy to remember, unique, and trustworthy, now is the time to secure the domain name that you want with a .US web address.
We have a special offer just for our listeners. Register your .US domain name for just $1.49 for a full year, plus get access to a free website builder and hosting service for 6 months. To take advantage of this offer, go to www.launchwith.us and use the promo code PODCAST.
Powered by WPeMatico