Brooks created the conference in Portland, Maine to build an event for digital marketers and to get flyte’s name out there as an industry leader. Now in its sixth year, Brooks has learned a lot along the way about creating and hosting successful business events.
In this episode, he shares what he’s learned about events. We cover everything from why a business of any size and in any industry might want to start an event, to how to manage sponsorships, to how to create an event that people are excited to return to year after year.
Questions I ask Rich Brooks:
- Events are hard. Should all business owners be doing them?
- How do you create an event that really stands out?
- How do you get people to attend your event, and how do you get them to come back?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the three Ss of events (seat, speakers, and sponsors) matter, and how they’re interconnected.
- What is the role of community building in creating a great event.
- What makes a great sponsorship for your event, podcast, or content.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Rich Brooks:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by About.US.
Choosing the right domain name is critical to ensuring the success of your small business. Help your business stand out with a .US domain name. Easy to remember, unique, and trustworthy, now is the time to secure the domain name that you want with a .US web address.
We have a special offer just for our listeners. Register your .US domain name for just $1.49 for a full year, plus get access to a free website builder and hosting service for 6 months. To take advantage of this offer, go to www.launchwith.us and use the promo code PODCAST.
Powered by WPeMatico