Developing Important Entrepreneurial and Leadership Qualities written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jack McGuinness.
McGuinness is the co-founder and managing partner of Relationship Impact, a consulting firm focused on helping great leaders build great leadership teams.
After finishing his business degree, McGuinness landed the COO role at a new management consulting firm. He was a member of the team for 13 years. And as the business grew, he gained experience as both a management consultant and an entrepreneur. He took on roles in diverse growth-focused areas, including business development, hiring, and infrastructure.
When he left to become CEO of a contract packaging company, he became fascinated with change management and developed a passion for tapping into the leadership capacity of teams across an organization.
In 2009, he partnered with Gil Brady to form Relationship Impact, where they now help businesses build a structure for leadership teams to be more productive and effective in how they work together. In this episode, McGuinness shares stories from his own entrepreneurial journey and discusses what businesses need to focus on to embed great leadership into their organizations.
Questions I ask Jack McGuinness:
- What’s a typical engagement like for you as a management consultant?
- Why did you decide to start your business and go out on your own?
- What’s the hardest part of doing what you’re doing as an entrepreneur?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to overcome some of the hurdles innate in the professional services field.
- Why sales and marketing are a long game, and how to know you’re on the right track.
- Why creating discipline around your sales and marketing leaves you more time to focus on growing your business and spending time with your family and loved ones.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jack McGuinness:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Everyone loves payday, but loving a payroll provider? That’s a little weird. Still, small businesses across the country love running payroll with Gusto.
Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.
Powered by WPeMatico